EDITORIAL & AUDIOBOOK PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Full-time)
Salary Range £20,000 – £21,500 (dependent on experience)
Watkins Media Limited is seeking an Editorial & Audiobook Assistant to provide administrative support and assistance to our Editorial team for our Watkins Publishing and Nourish Books imprints. This position offers great exposure to all types of non-fiction trade books, with a focus on Health & Wellbeing as well as Food & Drink.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone who has a passion for physical and spiritual wellbeing, a love of books in general and who is eager to learn about how books are made. Reporting to the Editorial Director and Managing Editor you will be based in our Central London office, though the role will be remote to start with.
- Assist in the day to day administrative needs of the editorial team
- Assist with the sourcing of texts, spell checking and publication of our books
- Be responsible for creating information sheets and metadata entries for each title
- Checking for errors on covers and reprint materials
- Assist in the managing of freelance proofreaders, editors and introduction writers
- Checking page proofs and making sure that all releases remain on the critical path
- They will also deal with reversion requests
- Assist in the selection and production of audiobooks
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must have a perfectionist’s attention to detail
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced/high-pressure environment
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- A passion for the genre of books we publish and previous publishing experience a plus, but not required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong IT skills and proficiency with MS Office
- Experience of working with Adobe Indesign and Acrobat a plus
If you feel you have the right qualities for this position, then please send your CV with a covering letter to our Editorial Director, Fiona Robertson, email@example.com
CLOSING DATE 1st SEPTEMBER
Watkins Internship Scheme
Watkins Publishing is delighted to announce a new internship program, run by our parent company Watkins Media, for anyone looking for genuine, well-paid experience in publishing!
The Watkins Internship Scheme will be a six-week long programme in which participants will have the opportunity to work across Watkins’ three imprints (Watkins Publishing, Repeater Books, and, Angry Robot), and gain experience in all departments in the company.
All interns will be paid the London Living Wage (£10.75 per hour), you don’t need a university degree or any prior experience to apply, AND we’ll be offering Skype interviews to make it easier for applicants outside of London.
Applications for the first round of placements are due by Friday 13th December 2019, with the first formal placements to commence Monday 27th Jan 2020.
Those interested in applying for this fantastic opportunity should email a CV and cover letter (addressed to Vicky Hartley) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line ‘Watkins Internship Scheme’.