Astounding revelations about a hitherto unknown civilization which pre-dates the Ancient Egyptians — from a powerful team including the co-author of the bestseller The Hiram Key
This is the extraordinary story of how a quest to try to crack the mystery of the “Megalithic Yard” — an ancient unit of linear measurement — led to the discovery of compelling evidence pointing to the existence of an unknown, highly advanced culture which was the precursor to the earliest known civilizations. There must have been a Civilization One.
Hard facts that change history for ever:
- The builders of the Stone Age monuments of the British Isles used a unit of length that was defined to one ten-thousandth of a millimeter
- That unit is fundamental to the Sun, Moon, and Earth
- The pound and the pint are derived from this prehistoric unit of length
- There are 366 degrees to an Earth circle, not 360
- The meter, kilo, and liter were in use over 4,000 years before the French “invented” them
- The hour, minute, and second were developed more than two millennia before Christ—from the movements of the Moon
- The further back in time all measurements are studied, the more they merge into one great system
“…one of the biggest breakthroughs of all time … this is the definitive proof that civilization is thousands of years older than historians believe.” Colin Wilson
“Thought-provoking” Sunday Express, London
“A compelling case” Prediction, London
About the authors
CHRISTOPHER KNIGHT has co-authored four books with Robert Lomas. His first book, “The Hiram Key, became an international bestseller, selling over a million copies worldwide.
ALAN BUTLER is fascinated by history, as well as being an expert in astrology and astronomy. He has published four successful books, and is a playwright and radio dramatist.