Enjoy the benefits of yoga in your own home with this easy-to-follow, fully illustrated introductory guide from acclaimed yoga guru Tara Fraser
Whatever your level of fitness and flexibility, Yoga for You is designed to meet your needs – whether you are a complete beginner or already have experience from classes.
This book includes;
- Step-by-step instructions to the essential asanas (postures) and sequences illustrated by more than 200 colour photographs
- Accessible and inspiring to readers of all levels
- Shows how to adapt the classic asanas to make them easier to perform
- Teaches yoga as part of a fulfilling holistic lifestyle that embraces not only posture and breathing but also diet and meditation
- Describes the traditional wisdom behind yoga, to explain the why as well as the what and the how
‘A great mini bible for those in the first years of practicing yoga‘ The Times
‘An ideal book for beginners and a spur to more experienced students’ Yoga Magazine
About Tara Fraser
Tara Fraser’s interest in yoga started at a children’s yoga class at the age of six. Since qualifying as a teacher, she has continued to study in several Hatha yoga traditions, the most influential of which has been the personalised and individual approach of TKV Desikachar.
Tara is the founder and director of Yoga Junction in north London where she trains teachers and leads workshops independently and for the British Wheel of Yoga, as well as teaching internationally. Her work is often directed towards helping students develop autonomy and clarity of individual purpose in their yoga practice, a theme she returns to often in her research and writing. She is the author of Astanga Yoga for You, The Easy Yoga Workbook, Yoga Bliss and Live Better: Yoga. She lives in London with her partner and four children, and can be contacted through her website www.yogajunction.co.uk