Tales of compassion and kindness for you to read with your child– to delight and inspire
Your child is sure to be delighted by this new collection of magical tales inspired by the teachings of the Buddha. Each story is based on ancient Buddhist folktales beloved by children for generations and will help your child to develop their knowledge and understanding as they learn to become the ‘Buddha’s apprentice’. Characters and situations that are both funny and compelling will draw your child into stories that explore important Buddhist themes – such as behaving with compassion or managing negative thoughts. From a brave monkey queen who teaches a king how to be a better ruler to a rude boar who needs to learn some manners, these stories will enchant every child.
- Relax and calm your child to help them prepare for a refreshing sleep
- Help your child discover important Buddhist truths including encouraging wholesome thoughts and speaking in a kind and truthful manner
- Strengthen the bonds between you and your child
- Introduce your child to the techniques of meditation and visualization
- Guide your child along the path of confidence, compassion and kindness
About Dharmachari Nagaraja
Dharmachari Nagaraja has presented BBC Radio 2’s Pause for Thought with Terry Wogan, and has appeared on BBC 1’s Heaven and Earth programme. A practising Buddhist for nearly 20 years, he formerly ran the Covent Garden Meditation Centre in London. He is currently involved with the Glasgow Buddhist Centre, where he works as a psychotherapist.