Currently we are not accepting any new submissions. Please look through the details below, which can help you in preparing a submission, and check back on this page for details of when we will be accepting submissions again.
Guidelines for book submissions
Watkins specializes in books in the field of Mind, Body and Spirit. First, please take a look at our website and/or catalogue and assess whether your title would fit in well with our list. We are looking for titles that have a clearly identifiable, international market, as well as having an original and crystal-clear concept.
Please note: We do not publish original poetry books or spiritual/new age fiction and we no longer publish spiritual or new age children’s books.
A submission is usually around 10 pages, and must contain the following information:
- A short author biography. This will include:
– Your credentials for writing a book on this particular topic
– Details of any published or self-published books you have authored
- Your proposal (1–2 pages max). This will outline:
– Your subject matter
– Your audience
– The main competition for the book
– The individual qualities of the book that will make it stand out in the market
- A sample chapter or excerpt (10 pages max). If possible, please include a table of contents within your sample chapter.
Please note: Submissions must be in English in 12-point type.
Useful Links & Resources:
Publishing is at a point of change and transition, and these are exciting times for both authors and publishers. Self-publishing is now an accessible and viable option for getting your book published. If you’re considering working with a self-publishing company, Swift Publishing provides a comprehensive publishing package, as well as editorial, marketing and printing services for self-published authors. To find out more visit www.swiftpublishing.co.uk