Publicity Manager (Watkins Publishing and Nourish Books)
Watkins Media is looking for a Publicity Manager to join our team based in Central London, you’ll work on books from some of the best voices in wellbeing and non-fiction. Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Director you will manage a small team across Publicity and Marketing for our Watkins and Nourish imprints, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Press Officer or Publicist looking to take the next step in their career.
We are looking for a passionate, responsible, well-organised person who will be committed to the job, and who will welcome the challenges of a busy role and the opportunity to travel with authors, attending a range of events, sometimes at weekends.
Watkins Media is an independent publisher which dates back over 125 years, today we work with expert authors across a range of subjects from nutrition to self-help and spirituality to the science of wellbeing. But at the heart of what we do is our passion for helping inspire our readers to live more consciously, with books that will have a positive impact on their lives.
What we want you to do:
- Manage a small team covering all areas of communications across PR and Marketing
- Promote authors through all appropriate channels to ensure coverage
- Provide outstanding author care and build strong and lasting relationships with authors and press
- Plan and execute creative and effective print and online campaigns
- Keep up to date with book market, identifying target readership / media and develop excellent awareness of business and trends in the market place
- Build excellent relationships with authors, press contacts and agents
- Create and write pitches and attend pitch meetings when required
What experience and skills you’ll need:
- You must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in trade publicity
- In-depth media, market, customer and product knowledge
- Experience in planning and executing trade and consumer campaigns
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including excellent levels of author care
- Fantastic organisational skills and experience running events
- You must be able to manage multiple projects, this is a busy role
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary between £26,000 – £30,000 per annum dependent on experience
- Generous company pension plan
- 30 days holiday per year
- A great team that will support your growth and development
To apply, send your full CV and a covering letter to our Sales & Marketing Director, Vicky Hartley, at email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday 25 March 2019
Rolling 2-week Work Experience Placements
We are always looking for enthusiastic graduates looking for work experience in publishing. For more information, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in Watkins Publishing Limited.