PUBLICITY ASSISTANT (Full-time)
Salary Range £20,000 – £21,500 (dependent on experience)
Watkins Media Limited is seeking a Publicity Assistant to provide administrative and publicity support to our publicity team. This position offers great exposure to all types of non-fiction trade books, with a focus on Health & Wellbeing. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who has a passion for physical and spiritual wellbeing, a love of books in general and who is eager to learn about the publishing business. Reporting to the Marketing & Publicity Manager you will be based in our Central London office.
- Assists the department with day-to-day administrative needs including managing the review copy process, responding to media requests, handling all invoices, preparing reviewer lists, and arranging all mailings from our office and though the warehouse.
- Assists publicists with author’s schedules, travel and events for tours.
- Writes press releases and pitch letters.
- Manages and archives all clippings and media.
- Develop hands-on experience with a small number of your own campaigns.
- Produces and distributes the weekly marketing & publicity update.
- Prior publicity/publishing experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced/high-pressure environment
- Ability to work independently and travel when needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Google Cloud Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud and MS Office would be an advantage
If you feel you have the right qualities for this position, then please send your CV with a covering letter to our Marketing & Publicity Manager, Laura Whitaker-Jones, on email@example.com.
CLOSING DATE 20th JULY
Watkins Internship Scheme
Watkins Publishing is delighted to announce a new internship program, run by our parent company Watkins Media, for anyone looking for genuine, well-paid experience in publishing!
The Watkins Internship Scheme will be a six-week long programme in which participants will have the opportunity to work across Watkins’ three imprints (Watkins Publishing, Repeater Books, and, Angry Robot), and gain experience in all departments in the company.
All interns will be paid the London Living Wage (£10.75 per hour), you don’t need a university degree or any prior experience to apply, AND we’ll be offering Skype interviews to make it easier for applicants outside of London.
Applications for the first round of placements are due by Friday 13th December 2019, with the first formal placements to commence Monday 27th Jan 2020.
Those interested in applying for this fantastic opportunity should email a CV and cover letter (addressed to Vicky Hartley) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line ‘Watkins Internship Scheme’.